Benjamin Pert’s Twice Baked Smoked Haddock Soufflé
This week we have teamed up with Ben, Head Chef at Wiveton Hall who has given us this fantastic recipe for Smoked Haddock Souffle.
- 1x Natural Smoked Haddock Fillet
- 500ml Milk
- 6 Havensfield Eggs – separated
- 3oz Salted Butter
- 3oz Plain Flour
- Pinch of English Mustard Powder
- 2 TBSP Chopped Chives
- 1x Bay Leaf
- 150g Grated Parmesan
- Place the haddock in a saucepan, cover with milk and bay leaf, then gently poach until the Haddock is cooked through. When cool flake the haddock and keep the milk.
- Next, melt the butter and add flour and mustard powder. Cook for 2-3 mins to make your roux. Slowly add flavoured milk and make a white sauce. Take off the heat and whip in the egg yolks.
- Add chives, parmesan and flaked haddock.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat 1/3 in to the mix and fold in the other 2/3.
- Fill pre-buttered ramekins with the mix before placing in a Bain-marie.
- Put in a pre-heated oven 210°c for about 20-22 minutes.
- When cool, remove from ramekin and place on a dish.
- Spoon over 2 tbsp of fresh cream and extra grated parmesan then bake at 220°c for 10 mins.
- Serve immediately.