1. Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and milk.
2. Using a small hand whisk, mix the ingredients in the well then gradually work in the flour, whisking well, to make a smooth thinnish batter. Cover the bowl with a clean dry tea towel. Leave to stand for about 30 minutes (the batter can be made up to 4 hours ahead and kept in the fridge).
3. When ready to cook, turn the oven on low to keep the cooked pancakes warm.
4. Heat the pan over medium heat, then add about 2 tablespoons of batter and swirl the pan so the base is evenly covered.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the underside is nicely browned. Loosen the edges with a round-bladed palette knife then flip the pancake over and cook the other side until speckled with brown spots.
6. Tip the pancake onto a heatproof plate and cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper. Keep warm while cooking the rest of the pancakes.
Baker’s Tip: The pancakes can be used for sweet and savoury dishes, plain or stuffed. They can also be wrapped and frozen.
Please note that you can use Marriage’s Finest Plain, Golden Wholegrain Plain, Light Brown Plain or Spelt flours for making pancakes.